Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Data Control

There are so many music related blogs in existance right now that it's probably not worthwhile to make another one without a clear purpose.

During the 90's I used to record live music and trade tapes via mail, mostly of punk, hardcore and metal bands I saw in Seattle or the SF Bay Area. At the time, all the music I recorded was at small venues and house shows. Since then some of the bands have achieved some success in the music industry, but most have remained underground. I've managed to hold on to most of my tapes which have been collecting dust in my basement for over a decade.  The purpose of this blog is to make them available to the world, either because I like the band or because the recording is a curiosity that other people might enjoy.

Currently I have a lot going on: a relationship, two small kids, family and friends, a fairly demanding job and a garden to grow. I would like to be able to put up a couple of new tapes a month, but if I can't make the time, so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment