Thursday, March 18, 2010

Universal Order of Armageddon

I first saw Universal Order of Armageddon at a church show in Boston, of this much I am sure. I have a horrible memory, which wants to say that it was 1993 and Rorschach also played and managed to clear the room. But I can't be certain that I saw both bands at the same show.

At the time the only hardcore I was familiar with was early 80's DC and Massachusetts straight-edge youth crew hawdcawh. U.O.A. blew the back of my head off. Their crazy spactic chaos was completely different from anything I had heard before and I was hooked.

I approached their singer, Colin, after their set to try to tell him how much I enjoyed the music. I innocently asked him where they were from. 'Saturn' he replied, and then launched into details.

This recording is not from that show but was sent to me by a guy who went to Worcester Polytechnic Institute when I did. I believe his name was Tim, but again due to my shitty memory, I am probably mistaken. He had great taste in music and would just send me live tapes with dubs of 7 inches or demos he was listening to at the time to fill left over space. Tim, if that is your name, if you happen to read this, get in touch!

1 comment:

  1. YES YES YES YES OHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

    LOVE THIS BAND!!!

    (you posted this on my facebook fan page)

    anymore?

    ReplyDelete